AG4 - Cereal Killer **PICS ADDED**

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon test the SG and see what it's done, but it will probably go lower than a normal beer - may even get down to 1.004ish as a lot of the sugars from those other grains are quite fermentable.

Once it's settled, give it a good week somewhere cold to drop out and I reckon you'll have a good clear beer.

How it tastes is another matter :cool:

Well I took a reading last Thursday and it was at 1.017, not done another sample as I am full of man flu now & I dont want to risk it, there has been zero activity on the bubbler since I took the sample though so I may well be putting this in the pins when I am more alive again :)

BrotherMalice said:
fbsf said:
Yup, you don't want flubeer...that sounds nasty!

Where as Flubber was a nasty film :P

On a side note - It was a pants film but it had a fellow home brewer staring in it. Wil Wheaton. Some of his blog posts about brewing are well written. It was because of randomly reading one of his blogs about homebrewing that I got interested in the hobby. http://wilwheaton.net/2011/12/further-a ... mebrewing/ )

... and back to cereal beer. Hope it turns out well :thumb:

And I am feeling better (mostly...)

Pins filled today, 1 full 18 pints (going to The Spring Thing) and the rest in another pin that isnt so full, compressed the bag to get all the air out.

Pins are Soooooooo much easier than bottles!

Pics to follow, it finished at 1.015 making it about 5.4%

Not got anywhere cool to keep it so it will live on the shelf in the dining room till The Spring Thing (not sure if mine will last that long...)

Trub Left at the bottom
69673_10151280554652027_283654481_n.jpg

Quite a lot of it
387400_10151280554687027_424030481_n.jpg

Ready for The Spring Thing
549334_10151280554692027_1687055546_n.jpg

Mine was not as full (right) a full 18 pints in the other one though
734626_10151280554767027_1155877771_n.jpg

What are they stored in, if you don't mind me asking? (beer noob here)

This looks sweet, been thinking of getting some pins mostly so I can bring some stuff to spring thing. Have you used them much? How do you rate them and do you use a beer engine or the tap?

They are a variation of PolyPins, never used them before but far easier to use than bottles :)

Not got a beer engine yet & dont think that you could fit one to these pins (bad research on my part, I dont think I can re-use them either...)

After a bit of googling I have discovered that there is an adaptor for the "pins" that I have that mean you can connect them to a beer engine which is good news :)

As I have never used them before I am a bit concerned about them being flat when I come to pour the beer...

Latest posts

Back