After two days of priming

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andiman

Reaction score
Looking at my hydrometer it's showing 1010 at 22 deg so I believe that to be about 1% abv
So looks like I killed it. Lol

er 2 days of priming ???
or 2 days of fermenting ?
you only prime before bottling or kegging.

To estimate abv, you need the before & after readings.... What it started at & what it is now. The current sg just tells you how much sugar is there now, not how much has turned to alcohol. Don't panic!

Put me straight guys
I transferred from the fv and placed via Symon tube into keg as written I added 85gm of malt and left to continue for two days at 22/24deg with breather bubble trap.
Now I will take the keg
to a cool place for two weeks as stated

Now is this right or am I totally messed it up.

This can blow your mind if one takes too much info in at once.

Not quite right but easily salvaged. When you prime you need to seal the keg afterwards and leave it in the warm for 1-2 weeks to carbonate - the sugar will ferment out and, as the resulting CO2 has nowhere to go, you get fizz.

If I were you I'd re-prime with 80-100g of sugar (you mention that you used malt(?) but table sugar will do). Seal it up and do as above. After 1-2 weeks in the warm move it somewhere cool for 3-4 weeks to condition.

p.s. any idea what your original (before fermenting) specific gravity was?

jonnymorris said:
Not quite right but easily salvaged. When you prime you need to seal the keg afterwards and leave it in the warm for 1-2 weeks to carbonate - the sugar will ferment out and, as the resulting CO2 has nowhere to go, you get fizz.

If I were you I'd re-prime with 80-100g of sugar (you mention that you used malt(?) but table sugar will do). Seal it up and do as above. After 1-2 weeks in the warm move it somewhere cool for 3-4 weeks to condition.

p.s. any idea what your original (before fermenting) specific gravity was?

not really all something to learn as i go along

Latest posts

Back