Advice on Keggerator/Fermenter box please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just giving this a bump in to the active topics.

I'd like to get the fermento-fridge / corny cooler up and running ready from Christmas, so if someone could point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful.

ATB :grin:

Sorry Mark, From the picture you have posted I can't work out what the wiring is doing, is there a way you can get a better PIC which shows the wires going into the thermostat?

Nothing to apologise for Aleman :thumb:

This any better?

thermo2017-1.jpg

Ok so it looks as though your brown is the live feed (Well Duh! Obviously). This is then switched between the Red and the White wires ( :hmm: I think)

:hmm: I suspect that red is the switched live to the 'fan/compressor/whatever it is that cools the fridge compartment' . . . . I would wire up a simple tester of a 15w light bulb in a holder and two wires. . . one I would connect to the red terminal and the other to the red wire (put the bulb in series), then plug it in and see when the bulb lights, if it comes on with the cooler we have the right circuit, if it goes out when it kicks in we need the other one :lol:

The Brown wire goes into the Power in of the TC 10 and a piggy back wire goes to one side of the cooling relay . . . the red wire goes to the other side of the cooling relay.

(Of course if its the other circuit it the white one ;) )

You also need to run the Neutral wire to the TC 10 and to terminate all the neutrals (from the heater as well)

Thanks again Aleman :thumb:

I'm getting more and more nervous the more I look in to this.
I think to be on the safe side, I'm going to have a word with a sparky friend of mine.

markp said:
I think to be on the safe side, I'm going to have a word with a sparky friend of mine.

That might be the best idea if you're not comfortable around electrics. Hell, I do electrics and electronics for a living and even I'm overly cautious sometimes.

Hi Mark did you get any joy with this?

I just bought a fridge on the bay and plan on doing the same as you, have to collect it first.

Latest posts

Back