accident

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andiman

Reaction score
as a novice and a bit green
i started with a fv bucket with flat lid and transfered to another fv that looked like a keg with a breather on top big mistake, thus i thought i had to transfer again to the keg

so this time my second batch will be ok hopefully and i will now have an insight in what i sould do lol lol

You could save yourself a lot of lessons to be learned by reading this forum.

I have been doing exactly this, I started brewing in September with a Wherry kit, FV and keg.

Now I have since (with a little help from my friends) drank and enjoyed that wherry.. done to instructions + primed with light malt. (2 weeks in FV, into keg and 1 week in warm then into the cool until it tasted good... 3 weeks?)

plus I have brewed a further...

Festival kit - Landlords finest - bought an FV with a bottling kit for batch priming (advice from here - not neccasserily directed at me)
Festival Kit - Suffolk Strong - bottled and maturing for xmas
Festival Old Fathers hooks - kegged - tasting good after 1 week in warm with a blown seal - new seal put in and re-gassed and another week in warm before going into the cold.
Another Wherry - just kegged today.

all seem to be fine - some slight hitches but absorbing the wealth of knowledge available here dealt with.

my advice... read and absorb.

dodsi said:
You could save yourself a lot of lessons to be learned by reading this forum.

I have been doing exactly this, I started brewing in September with a Wherry kit, FV and keg.

Now I have since (with a little help from my friends) drank and enjoyed that wherry.. done to instructions + primed with light malt. (2 weeks in FV, into keg and 1 week in warm then into the cool until it tasted good... 3 weeks?)

plus I have brewed a further...

Festival kit - Landlords finest - bought an FV with a bottling kit for batch priming (advice from here - not neccasserily directed at me)
Festival Kit - Suffolk Strong - bottled and maturing for xmas
Festival Old Fathers hooks - kegged - tasting good after 1 week in warm with a blown seal - new seal put in and re-gassed and another week in warm before going into the cold.
Another Wherry - just kegged today.

all seem to be fine - some slight hitches but absorbing the wealth of knowledge available here dealt with.

my advice... read and absorb.

your so right iam just a typical lazy reader lol
and too excited too see whats going on cant wait scenario lol
patience is the key i see and read mind you it can be confusing as i bought my equipment from a health shop and listened to the man there which i have now found to be utter rubbish advice so from now on i hope it goes to plan cheers

Latest posts

Back