A beer that's malty

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andiman

Reaction score
Hi can anyone recommend a beer that's really malty in flavour that comes in kit form please

Maybe a winter ale, santa's winter warmer? they're hard to come by because higher mash temp = more dextrine = more body = less fermentable sugar, and beer kit companies like to squeeze every drop out of their malt for profit's sake...

how bitter/hoppy do you want it?

Not sure where you are based but Foresters Arms Ales Floodgate is a lovely malty beer.

Its only available from Pops Homebrew in Cheltenham, but he is now selling from Ebay also.

Kits are not the cheapest at about £28 but they produce a brilliant product.

Search for Foresters Arms Ales Beer Kits or give Matt a ring, I think the numbers on the advert.

Regards
Ben

Glyder said:
Not sure where you are based but Foresters Arms Ales Floodgate is a lovely malty beer.

Its only available from Pops Homebrew in Cheltenham, but he is now selling from Ebay also.

Kits are not the cheapest at about £28 but they produce a brilliant product.

Search for Foresters Arms Ales Beer Kits or give Matt a ring, I think the numbers on the advert.

Regards
Ben

http://www.forestersarmsales.co.uk/

brewferms abbey beer looks like a gd n to me- got it tucked away in the cuboard for emergencys and all their others worked a treat

RobWalker said:
Maybe a winter ale, santa's winter warmer? they're hard to come by because higher mash temp = more dextrine = more body = less fermentable sugar, and beer kit companies like to squeeze every drop out of their malt for profit's sake...

how bitter/hoppy do you want it?

i love the flavour of wadworths 6x or timothy taylor landlord thats my tastes

cheers will look at getting some of those some are quite dear thought brewing would save money as my local is only £2 a pint double dragon brains beer not bad just bad head next day lol

Latest posts

Back