30L or 40L boiler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why do you guys go on and on about these boilers bulid ya own with tesco elements its not hard :thumb:
at least if build ya own boiler with 2 elements you got one spare not like the ones you lot go on about ???????????????????

If you need a q-max cutter, have a look in the wanted / for sale section. I needed one so I could add a sight tub to my 40l buffalo. I posted in there and you will see it is doing the rounds at the mo :thumb:

I can certainly recommend the 40l buffalo by the way. I have stuck a camping mat around it to help get to the boil quicker and maintain a rigorous boil.

I have done this also. Tesco camping Mat about £5. Stainless steel bulkhead from Highlander on Jims Beer Kit and a screwfix hop strainer pushes straight into a half inch bulkhead. Got a ball valve off of eBay and my setup is 100 times better than the original tap it came with. I was worried about making the warranty invalid by drilling it but boiling beer in it voids the warranty anyway.

Whats the point in buying shiney if your going to cover it with a camping mat (etc)? :wha:
Might as well just build a plastic one and cover that with the mat for a fraction of the price!

+1 andy like this and bigger :thumb: like 28 squid for 60 ltr loads of head room 2 tesco elements tap steel braid bit of copper pipe job done
here is mine if i can build one any body can :D :thumb:

60ltrboil-1.jpg

60ltrboil-2.jpg

60ltrboil-3.jpg

Cant see the picture as im at work and photobucket (etc) are blocked, i can imagine what it looks like but will have a look tonight.

Mine is from built from a 33lt mango barrel but think im going to scrap that one and build one from one of the 45lt barrels that are £4 from a local store, this will give me more head room and scope for a little bigger brews.
I'll use all the bits from the one i have at the moment.
My build cost me approx £20 and is easilly servicable as spares are very cheap ;)

Im thinking about insulating mine and cladding it with wood so you won't even know it's made of blue plastic!

Latest posts

Back