1984 bottle of Samichlaus

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanmakesbeer

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1411834171719.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411834192919.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411834171719.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411834171719.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411834171719.jpg

Looky here what gem I picked up at a boot fair for 50p. Super rare and a beer which is meant to be aged... And it's 30 years old! Not sure how it's been stored and i would aver that it hasn't been stored with care. Looks like it will be the flip of a coin. Christmas day this year will be interesting.

A good buy I'd say. :thumb: A good few rarities in the picture too I notice.

As a lover of strong beers I usually keep the odd bottle for ageing along with a few Thomas Hardy Ales & De Dolle Stille Nachts for drinking on Christmas Eve.

Sam.jpg

You certainly have the enviable tipples. I would age it further but I think 30 years is quite enough. Yeah some old school brews, the ones with the high OGs I am hopeful. But a few pale Ales will be no good

had a 3 yr old bottle this xmas.

Nice to try sherry/port throughout.

maybe a few more years would be good.

It was tasty but not good enough to want to repeat. Still glad I tried it :drink:

Latest posts

Back