12v solar pump

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to order a solar pump from here http://shop.solarproject.co.uk/sp2020-easy-connect-water-circulation-pump-£230-p-10.html they give options on the wattage, L/min & head. What would you recommend? I currently brew 23L batches and will be using it to sparge and to whirlpool with my chiller. I've got one of those Asda DC jobbies to control it, thanks Sean

the link doesn't seem to be working for some reason, the pump is A/SP20/20 and the options are
6W/6L/min/2m head
8W/8L/min/3m head
14W/11L/min/5m head

I think the most poweful one is the one to get. That is what I have, and it still seems to take a long time to pump my strike water from HLT to mash-tun. I've never had a case where I felt it was too powerful.

Depends on what you want to do with it. I have the lowest powered one (the only one when I bought it) and it happily pumps my sparge water to my rotating arm, my wort to my FV from my boiler after cooling. If you need to move a lot of water fast then get a higher power one, but I am happy with my 6W one.

thanks guys, maybe I'll go with the 8W one, now I just need to work out how much of Vossy's hose I need :thumb:

Latest posts

Back