Wine from fruit juice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty F

Reaction score
Hi
I have seen a few recipes on here for making fruit juice wines. I am new to brewing and have now progressed to all grain beer brewing. As you know home brewing is very addictive and therefore I want to try making wine now. I get the recipes, but I am not sure of the process. I assume that you just mix it all in together with the yeast and other ingredients; assuming that it is at the correct temperature then it will ferment. I have been looking in my local Tesco for red grape juice, but they don’t seem to have it, I’ll have a look elsewhere, Sainsbury’s for instance.
Perhaps somebody could reply with a suitable recipe that includes an idiots guide to wine making?

One of our favourite supermarket juice wines -
(its from the first post in Kelpers link)

Rosé wine

1 litre Red grape juice.

1.5 litre Apple Juice.

750g Sugar.

1 tsp Tannin or a mug of very strong black tea. (3 bags stirred every couple of minutes as you put the rest of the ingredients together)

1 tsp Yeast (i use youngs super wine yeast compound)

1 tsp Yeast Nutrient.

1 tsp Pectolase.

1 tsp Glycerine. (optional)

1 tsp citric acid or juice of one lemon. (optional)

IDShot_225x225.jpg

5051413484562_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

Thanks for your replies, it all seems fairly straight forward. I’ll let you all know how I get on with it, I’ll need a week or two before I can get on with it.

Latest posts

Back