Ukraine: Russia has launched 'full-scale invasion'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd imagine Carlson has a approved lists of questions to ask Putin.
The fact that Carlson is the only Western journalist allowed to interview Putin, speaks volumes.

Putin is using the American election as a second front in the Ukranian war. For all of the flaws in the western democracies, Putin's Russia is truly a scary state.
Do you truly believe that Russia has that type of influence over the American public. Something similar happened with Brexit, that somehow Russia played a part. England voted for the Tories and for Brexit, alot of it was based on lies or disinformation. Again the media played a major part.

Do you truly believe that Russia has that type of influence over the American public. Something similar happened with Brexit, that somehow Russia played a part. England voted for the Tories and for Brexit, alot of it was based on lies or disinformation. Again the media played a major part.
I think Putin is hoping for Trump to win. He has no direct influence over the US voting public, but Carlson has influence on the Republican MAGA wing and perhaps on some undecideds

Russia has weakened itself by starting an illegal war with Ukraine. Of course its a proxy war, who wants to live in an autocratic nation influenced by Russia? The west/nato/us whatever we call it has many things wrong with it and has done many things badly but just like churchill said about democracy, its the worst government other than all the other ones that have been tried from time to time. Perhaps the west should have stood up to Putin before in 2014 when he annexed the Crimea or when he attacked Georgia? We perhaps wouldn't be in this mess now if we had. More should be done to combat the rise in populism, call out conspiracy theorists and bullshitters.
What is a conspiracy theorists ?

People have the right to challenge the information being presented as the truth. If more people in power did this We would have less war's. The Iraq war is a prime example

What is a conspiracy theorists ?

People have the right to challenge the information being presented as the truth. If more people in power did this We would have less war's. The Iraq war is a prime example

I don't think the Iraq war was a conspiracy was it, Bush/Blair were wrong. Conspiracies are when people believe that the Clinton's are part of some satanic pedo cabal that hold captive kids in a basement underneath a pizza restaurant in downtown DC. 🤣

I don't think the Iraq war was a conspiracy was it, Bush/Blair were wrong. Conspiracies are when people believe that the Clinton's are part of some satanic pedo cabal that hold captive kids in a basement underneath a pizza restaurant in downtown DC. 🤣
I was trying to forget that part of My life, on the upside the pizza was good 😊

I think Putin is hoping for Trump to win. He has no direct influence over the US voting public, but Carlson has influence on the Republican MAGA wing and perhaps on some undecideds
He doesn’t need to have influence over the voters, just the politicians.

Politicians need money to campaign (or just because they like money), and Russian interests have managed to get money to politicians and campaigns on both sides of the house in both the US and the UK. And that’s the stuff we know about.

It’s weaponising our own democracy against us, and very cheap and effective compared to other forms of subterfuge.

maybe parties should only be funded directly by members. and the government gives the same amount of campaign funding for the top 5 parties with the most locally elected councilors. Independents couldn't be counted as they'd be a party of 1. Unless they formed 'the party of independents'.

That could reduce 'grey' funding. Donations to parties only allowed by British subjects living in Britain? and only going to a parties pre-published and agreed 'immediate action donation projects'

so....(these are my guesses)
labour perhaps uses any donations to fund food banks
tories fund a business support scheme
lib dems pay off some student debts - to make up for their broken commitment to abolish tuition fees
greens buy bikes for workers on breadline and plant lots of trees
plaid cymru build a wall along the border with england
snp (see plaid cymru)
Nigel Farages latest party - increase our navy, mine the english channel fortify the southern and eastern coast.
raving loony party - build butter mountains by major cities for people to ski down

Russia invades Finland (Putin has mentioned he wanted large chunks of that back)
May I ask where did you find this information? I agree that Finland is very concerned about possible conflict with Russia, that's why they joined NATO. However, I cannot recall a single video where Putin makes any claims on Finnish land. His PR person (Zakharova? Definitely not Peskov) said that building your defence without considering the neighbours will create serious asymmetric retaliation or something like this, but this is what anyone would say

“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”​

― Mark Twain

May I ask where did you find this information? I agree that Finland is very concerned about possible conflict with Russia, that's why they joined NATO. However, I cannot recall a single video where Putin makes any claims on Finnish land. His PR person (Zakharova? Definitely not Peskov) said that building your defence without considering the neighbours will create serious asymmetric retaliation or something like this, but this is what anyone would say
Russia took territory in a war from Sweden ages ago. Then a war of independence happened and the bit that was claimed back became Finland. There's a great 'living wall' in the free to visit museum in Helsinki, which explained it rather well. So if Putin has grand visions of empire it may be inferred that at the high water mark of their empire they had indeed occupied land now known as Finland and want it back? Russia invaded Finland last century, they took and kept some of Finland. They wanted a buffer for St. Peterburg was their reasoning. They did offer some useless land in return for Finnish land but the Finns said NAH and so Stalin sent the troops in.

Russia took territory in a war from Sweden ages ago. Then a war of independence happened and the bit that was claimed back became Finland. There's a great 'living wall' in the free to visit museum in Helsinki, which explained it rather well. So if Putin has grand visions of empire it may be inferred that at the high water mark of their empire they had indeed occupied land now known as Finland and want it back? Russia invaded Finland last century, they took and kept some of Finland. They wanted a buffer for St. Peterburg was their reasoning. They did offer some useless land in return for Finnish land but the Finns said NAH and so Stalin sent the troops in.
You covered the wars starting from Ivan III in 1496 to Continuation War that ended in 1944, I think. Many governments changed during that time, so did the political motives. If Putin has grand visions... he said: "Anyone who doesn't regret the passing of the Soviet Union has no heart. Anyone who wants it restored has no brains".
It is prudent to get ready for the conflict, but without over-reaction. Only I do not see what can be done if he start lobbing nuclear warheads at us, as he promised - his economy is 24 times smaller than ours, he will lose in the long run, but his colleague Medvedev keeps warning that they will make sure there be no winner if things escalate...

Last edited:
It was very interesting to see how Putin meddled up some facts in the history of Russia. And even more interesting to see our media’s response. Mark Twain was right - if you read the newspaper, then you are misinformed
So, there you go - you didn’t miss anything if you didn’t see it
The only new thing I learnt was the health of Putin - while he is not as sporty as our PM and his counterpart, he is definitely in better shape than Biden

Last edited:
Historian, Tim Holland, reacts to Carlsons interview. Has a nice reference to St Patrick.

Totally agree with his conclusion, though find he made too many errors in his arguments that they don’t make sense any more

So who's version of history is the truth.
Holland's point, that you cant put modern ethno/religious sensibilities of medieval states on modern states is a fact you really cannot argue, in my opinion.

Also that the Soviet Union was a defacto ally of Nazi Germay until Operation Barbarossa is a comonly accepted historical fact

Latest posts

Back