Grain Mill Recommendation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adyr

Reaction score
I'm looking to start milling my own grain, mainly because I've found some pre milled grain can be inconsistent in its crush, so want to have the ability to do it myself. The grainfather mill looks good but is a bit on the pricey side. Can anyone recommend any other Mills? I'm not to fussed if it's electric, my main concern is consistency and reliability.
Cheers.

My honest recommendation is stick with crushed and work out what the real problem is and fix that. Sorry not a mill recommendation, the GF does get rave reviews tho, and you do get what you pay for with mills.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/grain-mill.97955/post-1115745
Personally I like the plug and play of the grainfather and it’s easily adjustable in a few seconds for different grain types. I do recommend the highly technical addition of an A4 piece of paper so when pouring the grain in that it doesn’t flow over the back of the hopper. I’ve used this to chew through 15 kg of grain in just a few minutes.

Back