Game changer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason s

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this drainer that I picked up in robert days. I hate bottleing up what I have left over after transfering into a 12 litre cornie. But this drainer and flip tops makes it an easier process.

The drainer

Attachments

• 20240504_155432.jpg
    20240504_155432.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 0
Have you guys got any useful bottle cleaning gadgets you can recommend e.g. alternative more effective that bottle brush?
I quite often have yeast etc up the bottle sides as well as the bottom of the bottle so needs a good cleaning.
And still can’t afford the leap to kegs !

Have you guys got any useful bottle cleaning gadgets you can recommend e.g. alternative more effective that bottle brush?
I quite often have yeast etc up the bottle sides as well as the bottom of the bottle so needs a good cleaning.
I just rinse the bottles out after pouring with warm water. Stick your finger in the top and give it a good shake. Then into the dishwasher for a good clean. Store away until required, give a rinse and sanitise on bottleing day. Jobs a good un

I just rinse the bottles out after pouring with warm water. Stick your finger in the top and give it a good shake. Then into the dishwasher for a good clean. Store away until required, give a rinse and sanitise on bottleing day. Jobs a good un
Hi Jason, I didn't think the water would get up the bottle neck properly to clean in the dish washer? I'll give that a go, cheers!
Anything different recommended in the way of the DW tabs or cleaning products?

Great advice thanks all and best I get a bottle tree! 👍
Sorry all, one last question - do the dish washer tabs not effect head retention in the same way as washing up liquid?
Or is that sorted with the rinse and sanitiser stage before filling?

Screenshot_20240508_173805.jpg
ideal for a final rinse with Starsan

Sorry all, one last question - do the dish washer tabs not effect head retention in the same way as washing up liquid?
I dishwash my bottles then rinse twice and nuke in oven. then a used once bottle cap sprayed in starsan. On bottling day I only need to rinse with cap on the outside incase of spider web and dip the uncapped end in starsan. .... for example..... (after pic of beer with no head retention issues.)

1715188895086.png

and here's them stored down the shed........

1715189445808.png

The empties are on the bottom, middle shelf are SOME of my brews

View attachment 99218ideal for a final rinse with Starsan
Cheers Dave getting one of those
I dishwash my bottles then rinse twice and nuke in oven. then a used once bottle cap sprayed in starsan. On bottling day I only need to rinse with cap on the outside incase of spider web and dip the uncapped end in starsan. .... for example..... (after pic of beer with no head retention issues.)

View attachment 99219

and here's them stored down the shed........

View attachment 99220
The empties are on the bottom, middle shelf are SOME of my brews
no probs with the foamy head there and loving the bottle cap variety DoJ 😎

No issues at all with head retention. I do rinse and sanitise before filling and have one of those bottle rinsers (they fit on top of a bottle tree too!)

Latest posts

Back