First Elderberry Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willshill1

Reaction score
Hi , started my first elderberry wine , 2 gallons as I’ve foraged almost 3kg . Used 2.5kg and equivalent sugar , berries in mesh bag started on Saturday past with SG of 1.10 and it’s now at 1.040 . Bubbling away aggressively and is already at 1.040 , seems very quick although it’s been at a steady 22/24 degrees from the off . Any advice welcome

I've got a gallon going with dried elderberries. It's still fermenting on day 7. OG was 1.106. I added some purple grape juice.

Hi , started my first elderberry wine , 2 gallons as I’ve foraged almost 3kg . Used 2.5kg and equivalent sugar , berries in mesh bag started on Saturday past with SG of 1.10 and it’s now at 1.040 . Bubbling away aggressively and is already at 1.040 , seems very quick although it’s been at a steady 22/24 degrees from the off . Any advice welcome

Sounds like it is doing fine. Is the fruit still in there?

Forgot to say added Asda red grape juice 1lt , fruit is still is still in was planning to remove at 1.030 as per professional producer tutorial video on YouTube , but I reckon that’s tomorrow which is earlier than expected.

Help please, had demijohns on heatpad forgot to turn off last night, at 30 degrees this morning have I killed it ??

Back