Youngs "do not soak" corks

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolverine

Regular.
Reaction score
do you sterilise them ? boil them ? chuck them
In videne?
Surely I can't just cork from the bag?
I get a yellow colour in the liquid when I put them in steriliser what do you do with yours ?

Wolverine said:
I get a yellow colour in the liquid when I put them in steriliser what do you do with yours ?
That'll be the dog **** that's soaked into the bark. :D

BB

BarnsleyBrewer said:
That'll be the dog **** that's soaked into the bark.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

My corks just get a spray with Videne solution, or I squirt some SodMet solution into their poly bag and give it a shake.

Remember to disinfect the muzzle of your corker, I stuff mine with kitchen roll soaked in Videne and leave it while I'm getting everything else ready.

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Wolverine said:

BB

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Wolverine said:

BB
Mine goes yellow also, :D you've got me worried now Yorky Brewer :roll:

Moley said:
Remember to disinfect the muzzle of your corker, I stuff mine with kitchen roll soaked in Videne and leave it while I'm getting everything else ready.

that's very useful information! I didn't do this. I'm not sure how much of a risk there is, but it's probably not negligable, so definitely worth at least sterilising it once at the start of each bottling session.

Back