You have to laugh.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutnrun

Regular.
Reaction score
Ok so with my beer brewing i got a friend interested in having a go.

He quite fancied giving a kit cider a go so he popped to Wilkos got the bits and made it all up.

I got an email about 2 weeks later saying that it wasn’t bubbling and how did he know it was finished. I said ok take a reading with the hyrdomiter for 2 days running and if it has not changed it’s probably finished. Don’t worry about bubbling in the air lock you may not have the lid on completly so the co2 can escape without going through the air lock.

I got another email 2 days later saying it was bottled a he was going to leave it for 4 weeks to carbonate etc.

I got a new email today suggesting that we have a night to try the results, however he didn’t think it tasted very strong. He said that it tasted of sweet apple juice..warning bell 1
He then said that he followed the instructions including the one about only adding the nutrient and not the yeast... warning bell 2

So basically he has bottled 20L of sweet apple juice. Expensive apple juice! :rofl:

He is now carefully re-opening all the bottles and poring it back into an FV then add the yeast. :roll:

:lol: My sister once forgot to add sugar in a cake mix...... Even the birds wouldn't eat it!
Something I would do TBH though..

Back