WW2 Rations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Landlord.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Why did they get so much butter?
I like butter one toast etc but wouldn't get through that in a week.

1729097314551.png

Not just butter but margarine and lard as well. Must have been that bread wasn’t rationed.

Looks like bread and spuds were uncontrolled so plenty of opportunity to get through the butter also bread and dripping.

What was and was not rationed

The Government categorised foods into three groups: the first consisted of guaranteed rationed food, the second included foods like milk, eggs, fish, fruits, and vegetables whose availability fluctuated, and the third included staple foods such as bread and potatoes, which remained uncontrolled: a policy designed to stave off widespread hunger.

I missed the rations they ended 5 years before i was born, so yeah me and my mates were lean and mean, closest we got to fast food was the wimpy bar, i remember when KFC opened jeez they were qeueing round the block i tried it and was not impressed think i might have once every blue moon same as maccys, i would have been well at home on them rations with all the spuds and veg

Latest posts

Back