Wine pouches with tap

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time fill, is a hole the size of a DJ and then you pop the tap in.

Typically they are a bugger the full the second time. You cannot remove the tap, so you need to work out a cleaning / refilling regime that works while holding the tape open. And they will break.

So.. No there aren't a replacement for bottles but a nice to have for travelling /gifts

First time fill, is a hole the size of a DJ and then you pop the tap in.

Typically they are a bugger the full the second time. You cannot remove the tap, so you need to work out a cleaning / refilling regime that works while holding the tape open. And they will break.

So.. No there aren't a replacement for bottles but a nice to have for travelling /gifts
I didn’t think they were that good, but I just wanted to check.

I've been reusing wine bags for ages. Pop the tap out, wash out with water and then sanitiser.
I fill them using the usual bottle filling wand and replace the tap.
Then crack tap open and let last of air out of the bag.
I've used bought 5 litre bags and also recycled the wine bag in boxes.
The taps are a bit easier to remove if the connection region is warmed.

I've been reusing wine bags for ages. Pop the tap out, wash out with water and then sanitiser.
I fill them using the usual bottle filling wand and replace the tap.
Then crack tap open and let last of air out of the bag.
I've used bought 5 litre bags and also recycled the wine bag in boxes.
The taps are a bit easier to remove if the connection region is warmed.
That’s interesting. Can I ask where you get yours from please?

I use the strong foil bags you can get off Fleabay for my beer(beer engine). They can also be used for wine and come in different sizes with a screw cap so easy to clean and can be used several times as quite strong the only thing is you will need to design a cardboard box to hold them as mine are the 10ltr versions and are quite unweildy.

Some of my wine bags are reused from wine in a box.
Others I bought off eBay years ago.
I prize the caps off by levering from the tap side, only need to use my hands.

Back