White foam

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garthur

Reaction score
This is my second batch of TC. My first batch I racked 2 days ago and started this batch at the same time. I cleaned everything and sterilised and rinsed before started this batch. I've checked both DJs tonight and there's a white foam forming. It wasn't there this morning and I can't remember it on my last attempt. Only difference this time is that I used 500ml cranberry juice and a tsp of tannin in each DJ. Should I be worried?

u3u8uza8.jpg

Thanks

Looks normal to me, this is the reason for not filling to the brim from the start, unless you like cleaning the kitchen when it escapes from your airlock.

It has been foaming up and the last batch was the same but it was a brownish colour. This time the brownish colour is there and that was what it was when I looked at it the night before but for last night it was white foam (and brown) so wasn't too sure. Looked like washing up liquid had mixed in with it. Good to know it is fine though :-) Thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Back