where to get stainless steel stock pots 20litre and 15 litre

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_spin

Regular.
Reaction score
does anyone know where I can get 2 x 20 litre and 1 x 15 litre stainless steel stock pots from for sensible prices?

thanks if you do..

try an indian or chinesse shop they should be able to get you some and wont be too expensive ( they wont be very thick though ) be sure you tell them you want stainless otherwise they will get alluminium and say you just told us the size . you want the kind of shop that stocks everything ( but dosn't really)

I bought myself a set of those pots for various vessels in the brewery, and they are adequate . . . not sure if I would really want to use them as brewing vessels, the steel is very thin . . . on one of mine I can clearly see a 'crack' developing from where the steel was drawn to make the pot . . . but for the money they are great for my purpose. (Underback, HERMS Vessel, Blow off Vessel, milling bucket - in order of size :D)

they are exactly the same as i found in a local indian shop was £25 for 5 differnet sized . thew second one in the set is just the right size to make marmalade with 3kg of fruit as boilover just gets to top.
and i will be making an underback with the smaller one as soon as I need one :rofl:

thanks guys for your suggestions.

Aleman, would the 19l one cope with boiling wort?

I'm thinking of making a smaller system for quick 12L brews/trials etc.

mr_spin said:
Aleman, would the 19l one cope with boiling wort?

With care I don't see why not . . . actually the bigger ones appear to be the better of the pots . . . hence the reason I'm using it as a Milling bucket when I need to mill grain

OK thanks - I may give these a go.. Ebay US has some really good ones but as usual our small market doesn't..

mr_spin said:
does anyone know where I can get 2 x 20 litre and 1 x 15 litre stainless steel stock pots from for sensible prices?

thanks if you do..
Hi am i right in thinking you have made an all grain brew using a 20 litre stock pot. If you have can you let me know if it works as im looking for a large pan today if it doesnt work will have to resign to buying a proper bolier thanks

mark1964 said:
mr_spin said:

thanks if you do..
Hi am i right in thinking you have made an all grain brew using a 20 litre stock pot. If you have can you let me know if it works as im looking for a large pan today if it doesnt work will have to resign to buying a proper bolier thanks

I haven't proceeded with this yet - I'm currently pondering which stockpot to buy - For smaller mashes I'd like a thermobox from Nordic but they don't do 15L ones. I may go the way of a cheapo coolbox and convert that. it is only for small batches but it must be able to hold the temp during mashing.

Latest posts

Back