What's your fave kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom_kent

Reaction score
What's ya fave beer kit? Will be nice to see what everyone thinks and where did you get it from and did you stick to the directions or did u add your own little touch. If one comes highly recomended I might just have a go myself :cheers:

Of the few I've tried Coopers Australian lager and Coopers Australian Pale Ale have been my favourites.

the first time i ever brewed it was muntons nut brown ale.as it was the first time i stuck to the instructions, it was a triumph a great feeling to be drinking something i had made.i have been hooked ever since.

So far I have been lucky in as much as all the kits I've done have been good

I like the Tom Caxton Real ale and Dark real ale kits Have done and drunk several of these

I have also done several Dark Rock Nut Brown Ale kits made with Dark spray malt and with an added fuggles tea which is as good if not better than Newcastle Brown

the one premium kit I've done is a Woodefords Admirals Reserve which turned out really nice but slightly over primed as every bottle when poured ends up looking like it needs a flake sticking in the top :rofl:

as for a favorite I would say that for now it is the nut brown kit :thumb:

I'd have to say Woodforde's Wherry so far. Done a few batches, and while they do take a while to clear, they taste bloody good!

Cussword said:
Coopers Canadian Blonde, or Brewmakers Irish Velvet. With the Irish Velvet I added a stick of liquorice :cheers:

I got an Irish Velvet in the keg conditioning right now :) glad to hear its a good 'un...

What did you do with the liquorice? put it in the fv or something ?

Brewmakers Irish Velvet sticks out as my best kit so far. I have made all the Geordies and they are ok. I usually add malt extract or use the brew enhancer instead of sugar with the Geordie bitters. As long as its well made and kept long enough to mature in glass bottles.

I have just been introduced to Wilkinsons as they recently took over an old tesco shop in Kilmarnock. Its handy for odds and ends but they don't have a big stock so I'm tempted to just keep using the internet. I find myself puting the stuff back on the shelves in Wilkinsons if I can't get eveything I need at the time because I know I can get it in a couple of days from the internet sites and I always have to bump up the orders for free delivery. Have had excellent service from all the home brew sites so far.

does any one know of a kit that is close to the taste of old spec hen?

i like the sound of the one thats like newcy brown :party: god it will be :drink: time the sec i get home from work and the mrs will be :nono: :evil: and ill be :whistle: :hmm: :drink: :drunk: hahahaha

Coopers Stout at 9.9% :drink: :drunk: .

Two kits for forty pints plus dark spraymalt, black treacle and a Notty Yeast.

Wish I had made more of it at the time.

There again, getting married on October the 2nd so will have to look at the old post to remind me how I made it. I'm sure the family would enjoy it when they come down from Up North.

Newcastle Brown? I have a recipe ... mix battery acid, brake fuild, antifreeze and 2 old unwashed socks. Actually my brew tastes better and probably does your body less harm. :rofl:

In case you haven't guessed, I'm not a fan of this beverage. Oh and don't actually try making or drinking my recipe, I shouldn't have to say it but some people...well they probably should drink my brew but I don't want the lawsuit. ;)

For my first brew I did a Muntons IPA with the kilo of brewing sugar added to make it full strength.
Very pleased with the results. No funny after tastes all rather good.
Now on a Muntons Wheat Beer kit.

The dream is AG but i'm happy with kits for the now :drink:

Latest posts

Back