what to do?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the candyman

Reaction score
hi all. i have a coopers lager brewing now. day 8 today, will leave it till the weekend or after. then bottle it? i do have a barrel with a tap and valve! should i put it in there first? and can i keep it in an old freezer? sorry for all the questions but any help would be a great help. thanks the candyman!!!

Leave it till the weekend and bottle it.

You need fizz in a lager and to get the fizz you need pressure and you're not going to get enough of that in a keg.

When you say barrel with tap and valve? I guess you mean one of those plastic kegs?

thanks calum yes it's plastic!! bottle it i will then should i prime with sugar or drops? and can i drink it right away? thanks again.

Dextrose (brewing sugar) is what I use. 1tsp (or rather a level teaspoon measure - 5ml) per 500ml (or pint) bottle.

I've never used the drops but I'm guessing they are just like a sugar sweet that will disolve and do the same job.

You'll need to leave it at fermentation temperature for a further week or two until it goes cloudy again (assuming it's pretty clear when you bottle) and then clears.

It will be drinkable at that point but far better if you leave it a good month somewhere cool.

I did a How To to keep you right on your first kits - take a look in the How To section for "the OMG I don't want to screw up my first kit" how to... :thumb:

Latest posts

Back