what pressure/temp/length of beer line??????

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davebispham81

Reaction score
hi , i just kegged a pear cider but i was wondering what psi i should carbonate/serve at? (haven`t done it for a few months and i`ve forgot) also what length of beer line will i need to reduce the pressure down to the correct serving pressure?i only have a short picnic tap and used to just release all the pressure from the corny to serve and then bang it back up when i`d had my nightly quota but thats grown tedious

its in the fridge at the moment at around 2*C and 20 PSI

2c @ 20 psi? that soundz like a lot of foam to me you will need to search the forum there was a post with the calculations on tube length to psi but as I drink beer and cider flat I didn't bookmark it. sorry

good luck, I do remember one lad using 25' of 3/16 tubing for his highly gassed beers

OK i`ve been looking for some kind of online calculator to tell me what length of beer line and what diameter of beer line to use but i just cant find one.

I did find a calculator that told me what pressure to force carb the cider at to achieve 2.25 volumes (which i read is the average for ciders)

So the big question is... If i force carb the cider at 2*C and 8PSI how much beer line do i need for it to dispense at 2PSI ( i think thats about right ) with no height difference between the center of the keg and the tap ???

Where`s Carol vorderman when you need her :lol:

When we set up our system the beer line didn't even come into our heads ours is over 4 metres as it goes to our chiller them down to the taps and we serve at 6 psi at the moment

Latest posts

Back