What is best for sweetening my apple TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andee

Reaction score
Hi guys
Just finished a ferment of 5 litres apple cider, and as you would expect its very dry ( suits me but OH wants sweeter )
What is the best stuff to use, anyone done this already ? and how were the results
forgot to mention, this stuff is like rocket fuel too, 8% vol, I think next one I wont add as much sugar

That's how I like my cider, strong and cheap lol. You can use artificial sweetener from supermarket or lactose I believe,

thanks guys,, its probably too late for this batch, i have racked it off with primer
but for my next lot, when would be the best time to add sweetner ? can i ferment with it in ? or just add to taste before racking it off

Some people just serve it onto a bit of juice.
Dunno what Splenda would do during the main ferment, I think most people add it at bottling.

add splenda at bottling or you could sweeten using sugar free cordial i used apple and blackcurrant double strength turned pink in colour but was really nice

I have not tried it and have no need for it, but Splenda appears to be the most acceptable artificial non-fermentable sweetener around. But at the risk of seeming prejudiced against a culture of sweetness dependants, just pass them the ketchup bottle if they don't like what's on offer.

I think I will give his ago as I like a sweeter cider. I currently have and apple juice tc and a pear tc going. Fingers gets crossed

Latest posts

Back