What got you into home brewing and why do you continue.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oldbloke said:
.......... It will change, virtually always for the better, as it ages, so make a few straight away to build a stockpile.

I totally agree, I have got 'stock' which is now up to a year old, the only brew that has not improved with age is the mild, everything else, without exception, is very much better for a long maturity :thumb:

So my early enthusiasm returning to brewing has paid off, brewing quite a lot early on has now paid dividends, as soon as the 'decorhating' season is finished the brewing will get under way again :party:

after two years and one trip to hospital my dad finished his apple press, as i was the only one willing to help (and the owner of a garden shredder) i helped him make his first 100l.
i then noticed 6-7 apple trees on the golf course and they said i could help myself. so i i got my forst 175l on the go this year.
as for beer i finally admitted that i liked belgian.european beers more, and the only reason I drank C-berg was that it was on offer in the supermarket and my local pub hasnt got much more of a choice.

At a very tender age my father gave me a shot of whisky as a joke. I don't think he expected me to ask for another shot! Started brewing way back in the 1960's with a simple orange wine which was quite pleasant. Now I have an expanding number of my own vines, bottles of wine up to 3 years old, so many different wines, I've had to create a coding system to readily identify them from bottle tops. on the racks.
Good white wines, including sparklers, are now dead easy to produce, but decent reds remain a challenge.
I would love to share other developments, of which the HMRC are totally aware and far from disapproving, but sadly such postings are precluded from this site, with which I have some agreement. US sites are more open about it, but as 90% of yanks have an endemic brain deficiency...

Latest posts

Back