What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beaut of a day down here in Cornwall, my birthday yesterday but I had a few things on today so stayed off the beer, not so today. A kiwi pale to kick off.

20241026_171106.jpg

Looks good. Dry Irish stout is next on my list. I should really get nitro. I wonder what the smallest cylinder of gas is.

The smallest my stockist sells, and the one I have, is 1.5kg. Has done 3 or 4 kegs so far (maybe half of batches were part carbonated first and the others were fully nitrogenated), probably will run out soon.

Nothing for me just yet. We’re out visiting a couple of friends tonight so I’m taking a selection of bought beers and a couple of litres of my cask bitter. He will have a selection of beers and we’ll have a good time drinking the beers we know and sharing the ones we don’t or that we both love. I’ve never had the Winter Warmer for example.
1729963205249.png

I used to drink 1698 most weekends a few years ago haven't had one in ages, puts on shopping list ;)

I like the sound of that. I'm off to Stamford (lincs) tomorrow, hopefully the Adnams shop there has it.

How many Fullers vintage have you got there?

Four.

One for me now, one for me in a few month's time, one for my father-in-law, and one for my daughter (I buy her a bottle each year, then when she's 18 we can either drink them together or she can sell them.)

Last edited:
I got one of these from The Malt Miller. Haven't used it yet, but the principle is that you carb your beer to the correct level (7psi for me) and then use the nitrogen to push it out. Have a stout nozzle for the tap as well.

View attachment 105159

Will probably try it in a week or so, if you want to wait I'll report back on how it works. It uses 2g nitrogen bulbs which are supposed to be able to push 4.5l of carbed beer, 2.5 if not carbed. I've a 9.5l corny that I'll use for this, so that there's not too much headspace.
Yes please

Four.

One for me now, one for me in a few month's time, one for my father-in-law, and one for my daughter (I buy her a bottle each year, then when she's 18 we can either drink them together or she csn sell them.)
Do not sell!!!!!!!!!
Simply forgotten in the beer cellar and found again after a long time.
This is how I find the rarest beers in my cellar time and time again.😇

Latest posts

Back