What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This bottle of Porto 6 cost me £75.
I entered, and won the visitors prize at a comp at Malone Golf Club yesterday.
Green fees there are well over the ton, I got to play Belfast best parkland course in 22C sunshine (apologies to Belvoir and R.B. members if any are lurking). And I came away with a bottle of wine. Win win all round, I’ll savour every drop.

View attachment 104055
Fantastic wine that. And if you want to run with the big boys that’s the price you pay. We however know where your roots lie 😜

Last edited:
Czech Lager, lovely Saaz hops and cracker malt.

IMG_7763.jpeg

Fantastic wine that. And if you want to run with the big boys that’s the price you pay. We however know where your roots lie 😜
Hey, you can get your own Porto for £7.50 in Tescos. Or you can enter and win a golf comp where there’s a bottle for the prize. Either way you get a nice bottle of wine, plus or minus having to play a round of golf 😂

Hey, you can get your own Porto for £7.50, Or you can enter and win a golf comp where there’s a bottle for the prize. Either way you get a nice bottle of wine, plus or minus having to play a round of golf 😂
I seen a 1.5l box in Asda yesterday no golf required and you can enter the comp drink the box and loose and still be a winner.

I seen a 1.5l box in Asda yesterday no golf required and you can enter the comp drink the box and loose and still be a winner.
Worse, I know enough members to play Malone for free, I don’t need to enter comps to pick up a half price green fee.
Even worse, I played golf at Queen‘s for 6 years (the pleasure of not getting through my degree course in the recommended amount of time🙊). They had a clause that 6 years Uni membership allowed you to convert to full membership without having to go through the waiting/screening process or paying a joining fee. Unfortunately, back then the annual subs were well beyond me on a junior docs salary.

Back