What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like kangaroo stew, well chipolatas anyway.
And crocodile fricassee.
Had it up at Port Douglas. 🐊🥘
I have been there many times and got married there so it has been a pilgrimage a few times. Crocodile, Emu, Water Buffalo, and Camel. Camel steaks are superb. I was there during winter staying at Cairns for a month best time to travel to FNQ.
But if you want a culinary holiday don't overlook Tasmania. Wines whiskey and seafood galore. Plus going back in time to the Jurassic Age.
Did you go for the pot and a bucket of prawns to see the feeding of the Grouper in Port Douglas? Personally, as a fisherman, I thought it was cruel

End of brew day reward, a cold IPA. I’m guessing that now it’s crystal clear, the keg is about to kick.

IMG_2841.jpeg

I’m on my Pirate Pale tonight. In the background is my current project (weather permitting). About 5 years ago I remodelled our garden and built some raised beds using concrete blocks - it turns out they are too absorbent so my render gets damp and then frost damaged. I’m now taking them down and rebuilding them using engineering bricks and waterproof(ish) mortar.

IMG_6026.jpeg

I’m on my Pirate Pale tonight. In the background is my current project (weather permitting). About 5 years ago I remodelled our garden and built some raised beds using concrete blocks - it turns out they are too absorbent so my render gets damp and then frost damaged. I’m now taking them down and rebuilding them using engineering bricks and waterproof(ish) mortar.

View attachment 95467
Lime mortar and blue bricks?
Interesting combination. 🤔

Next bottle with the
I have been there many times and got married there so it has been a pilgrimage a few times. Crocodile, Emu, Water Buffalo, and Camel. Camel steaks are superb. I was there during winter staying at Cairns for a month best time to travel to FNQ.
But if you want a culinary holiday don't overlook Tasmania. Wines whiskey and seafood galore. Plus going back in time to the Jurassic Age.
Did you go for the pot and a bucket of prawns to see the feeding of the Grouper in Port Douglas? Personally, as a fisherman, I thought it was cruel

So much to discuss there...
Later.

The weather has taken a turn so rather than battle the wind and rain I’m taking advantage of a couple of bottles in the house left over from Christmas. This one is a bit of a surprise, I think I like it but the fruitiness might not be for everyone. I get plum, strawberry, floral, chocolate, and a little liquorice. My wife’s description was on a similar theme with rose water and strawberry chocolates.

IMG_6027.jpeg

Latest posts

Back