What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good things happened today. I can never get any of these here.

1000029342.jpg

View attachment 104493
I am really starting to like Negroni’s especially after I realised how simple they are to make. I am tempted to try trading up to a more ‘upmarket Vermouth’ but still have a good few left in the bottle or Martini Rosso so not for a while yet.

The Martini Reserva is very good and not too high a price point. I also really like Punt E Mes.

The Martini Reserva is very good and not too high a price point. I also really like Punt E Mes.
Thank you for the rec my initial choice of Vermont was Tesco sells it and I can just stick it on that weeks order, and can see that the Ressrva is available on Amazon and as you say is not too high a price point. Though I am also now somewhat tempted by the Punt E Mes after googling it.

Just some tea out of my manky cup..I'm out fishing tonight.
View attachment 104499
That looks really good' i used to go to a lake called new pool at Whitegate in Cheshire set up the bait runners and wait, caught some relly nice carp there, also fished the ribble up at Barnoldswick for chub and grayling and a bit of sea fishing at Arnside

Big catch up on the evening :
IMG_20241004_183750.jpg

1st my bitter.
Aaaahhhh, Friday!
IMG_20241004_191513.jpg

Then my Camden.
This confirms my previous observation, this tastes more hoppy forward after a glass of the bitter.
Curious.
IMG_20241004_193849.jpg

2nd Camden.
The cask needed a little bit of tipping. Then it came with a rush, which was difficult to deal with (why do we only have 2 hands?).
Hence no head and the volume is reduced.
I had to sup some before the photo'ing as the glass had a reverse meniscus of beer.
Fortunately I still have a steady hand, so no beer was spilt.
Phew! I hate loss and waste.
IMG_20241004_203241.jpg

And so on to the last glass this evening of my bitter.
Luckily there is a 2nd cask of each of this evening's beers.
2nd Phew!
Methinks I had better get brewing again.
I'm hankering to use my this year's hops, so I better had.
🍻

Latest posts

Back