Weather

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like this Lillian woman is all wind and p--s

I had to google -

Storm Lilian

The storm will bring an area of strong winds across northern England with gusts widely 50 to 60mph.
There's even a chance of some intense winds gusting up to 80mph and a Met Office yellow warning for wind has been issued for 05:00 BST to 11:00 BST on Friday.
It specifically mentions possible problems for drivers on the M6, A66 and A1(M).
Heavy rain will also spread eastwards with the potential for some localised flooding.
There are two separate yellow weather warnings for rain in south-west Scotland and eastern Scotland overnight into Friday.
There could be up to 30mm of rain in some areas, the Met Office says - with the coast of Aberdeenshire and Angus forecast to see around half a month’s rainfall by Friday morning.

1724402091033.png

Heavy rain will also spread eastwards with the potential for some localised flooding.

Our forecast shows a 30 - 50% chance of rain late tonight the winds are 20mph with gusts to 40mph best bring the wheelie bin in ;)

1724402280336.png

It was pretty windy around me through the night (and no, not just because I'd been on the beer 😅) but nowhere near as apocalyptic as the forecasts suggested.

The media does get a bit over excited about these things, it's always 'horror' too.

We've had 'horror heatwaves' and 'horror winds' reported every five minutes, I even read somewhere that we might get some 'horror lightning'...interesting to see what that would be.

It was pretty windy around me through the night (and no, not just because I'd been on the beer 😅) but nowhere near as apocalyptic as the forecasts suggested.

The media does get a bit over excited about these things, it's always 'horror' too.

We've had 'horror heatwaves' and 'horror winds' reported every five minutes, I even read somewhere that we might get some 'horror lightning'...interesting to see what that would be.
According to Lancs live next week is a scorcher and we are in for an indian summer

I hate complaining about the weather but I can't remember the weather being this bad before. The last two summer's have been a wash out
Get used to it. It’s not going to go back to what is was like before. These headlines are from a recent issue of New Scientist…

IMG_7445.jpeg

IMG_7446.jpeg

IMG_7448.jpeg

IMG_7449.jpeg

I think the first one is the most worrying. The oceans have historically been acting as a buffer, absorbing temperature fluctuations. We now seem to be in an era where it is at capacity and is starting to heat up. A bit like when you are heating a pan of water, for a while it stays at the same temperature but then it heats up rapidly a continues to rise even if you remove the heat source.

Attachments

• IMG_7446.jpeg
    IMG_7446.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 0
I hope it's not got that acid rain that was going to burn us to a crisp or whatever in the 80s...
Or some other thing that never happened but we were taxed for it.
Sorry....its all blah blah blah....
Anyway...I'm out fishing til tomorrow...got the essentials...a tin of curry and a 4pk of Tribute.
Storm my ar5e..

I hope it's not got that acid rain that was going to burn us to a crisp or whatever in the 80s...
The way I understand it, we produced the acid rain from power plants and blast furnaces etc, and it blew over to Scandinavia and ruined their forests.
There's no documented account of whether it corrected the wort pH at Carlesberg, though.

Back