water treatments

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
half a campden tablet crushed and mixed into the water is all i do .you can get em from any hbs or wilkos.

I use this 5.2
and its just sorts out your water in the hlt leaves a white scum as the hlt drains down on my system(London water) and I just wipe it before I refill the hlt and add another teaspoon of it

you need 1tsp per 25ltrs of water and the tub last for ages

I got mine from vossy but hop and grape have it in stock plus all the other stuff you want

Five stars 5.2 does not work for all water types, and can cause more issues than it solves. Paul At Barley Bottom sells Gypsum, Epsom Salts and Calcium Chloride . . . And probably AMS (Murphy's version of CRS) . . .Or Hop and Grape . . . or indeed most online brew shops.

please elaborate about the 5.2 aleman as the tin says it works in all water types ,is it one not to belive it does what it says on the tin

I will do a brew when I can and do side by side comparisons
1 with 5.2 and one no treatment at all see which comes out best.
but that will a while before I am able to brew so would like to know whats wrong with it

You need a Salifert alkilinity test kit to test your water buy from aquarium shop or online. Then go on the Brupacks site and check your alkilinity reading against the charts for additions of CRS ( carbonate reducing solution ) you need to reduce the carbonate for bitter to 38. and DLS ( dry liquor salts) Do this and add half a camden tablet and you will be surprised.
cheers
fisherman

Latest posts

Back