washing machine elements

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunsbrew

Reaction score
has anyone thought of using washing machine element for there boiler ? they sit very flat and prob more easy to clean :wha:

Mmmm, that might not be a bad idea.

I was talking to a guy on Saturday who uses a rather large immersion heater element in his set up.

I suppose the trick with these elements is finding something that will fit in the pot and getting a good, tight, leak free seal.

Never really thought about using them TBH. Can't see any reason why not as long as the coating is a standard one (whatever that may be :hmm: ), if they're stainless all the better :cool:
they sit very flat and prob more easy to clean
Could be awkward to clean the underneath of the element though, but would be easier for immersing in an acid solution for cleaning.

Looking at them though, they don't appear to have a huge wattage (the ones I saw were all around 2 to 2.4KW) for the size and were expensive . . . the coating doesn't appear to be the same as used in domestic water heaters / Kettles or Incalloy used in Immersion heaters . . . While they probably would work, I'd be tempted to stay well clear for the kettle . . . HLT :hmm:

Latest posts

Back