Unscented Oxy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't find that this has a scent that carries over.

https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/the-pink-stuff-oxi-powder-colours-stain-remover-1kg-363756

Actually, it could be this stuff I've got currently, with the pink lid also from B&M.

oxy-action-plus-astonish-edited_small.jpg

I'm pretty sure I've used both.

Last edited:
Don't get PBW! It contains a degreaser (inorganic grease that is ... Sodium Metasilicate) which you don't need and destroys PET and Polycarbonate if left in contact too long.

Yip, that's the one I use and have been for years now. Never noticed any scent from it.
If you mean what I put ... you're right! It's generic, nothing but sodium percarbonate in prills, slightly coated in a ... "stuff"? ... that protects it from moisture in the air (which would decompose it).

Last edited:
The advice I got (@Sadfield) was 10g Sodium Percarbonate per litre. And that seems perfectly okay. Made up it lasts (active) about 1/2 - two hours ... it works by decomposing! This releases Hydrogen Peroxide. It leaves Sodium Carbonate, which is also a fair cleaner but requires you to put a bit of effort in (with a cloth or brush). The remains are highly alkaline and smell of damp washing machines, which is why I never use it "no rinse" as some do.

Agitate (about 15 mins), there's not much point soaking. So, you don't need to fill the vessel being cleaned.

10g a litre a lot? And that's why I use the generic "white bag" stuff. You can use it very strong (100g per litre plus) if you've really got some muck to shift! ... Dirty flag stones, etc.

Latest posts

Back