Two seals on a ball lock post.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, I hope this isn’t a stupid question...

Got a new corny keg today and there are two seals on each post. Haven’t seen this before... View attachment 28529
I have 2 kegs with the type, it is normal, but I have found it more difficult to put the ball lock connector on, thats all. very tight fit.

Just reviving this thread! I bought some replacement 9/16" ball lock posts for my converted pin lock posts (with the double O rings) but they leak, can see bubbles coming out at the bottom of the posts, did you use PTFE tape with them? The ones I removed were just screwed on with no seal, I've put the originals back on and they definitely don't leak.

Last edited:
I’m new to cornys (always used slimline NDL sankeys) and bought recon kegs that came with the naff posts with two seals. Can’t get on with them, you need to use brute force to get the disconnect on when they’re pressurised.

I ordered the Ali express ones linked to earlier in this thread and they work a treat 👍🍺

edit- are the proper posts with one o ring leaking or are the posts with two pink o rings leaking? They need to be reamed right up to seal as there’s no seal/gasket between the metal

It’s the replacement ones with one o-ring. I did them up as tight as I dared.
I replaced the double O-ring seal posts with single O-ring posts on a couple of reconditioned Corny's last year: complete failure. The internal thread depth on the new posts was several mm longer than the old ones. Consequently, the dip tubes were not then being sealed down onto the bulkhead and so rattled around and leaked. I didn't try ptfe tape, but that would have been the wrong solution to the problem.

Latest posts

Back