Twin Blade or why does it always rain on me?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingfisher

Regular.
Reaction score
Another brew day another rainy day, it's rained on every day I've had. :( I'm a little more organised now and don't have to go into the house with the brewing confined to the garage.
Nothing's changed on my set up so no pics this time. Here's the recipe, I'm digging into the Chinook mountain :)

A lager style this time, my first, Twin Blade.

Brew length 23l.

Pot SG EBC Kg
H & G pilsner malt 1038 3 4.0
Carapils 1030 3 0.23
Torrified wheat 1030 4 0.23

Hops Alpha IBU G Boil
Chinook 13.00 30.4 18 60
Youngs Saaz 3.00 6.0 30 30
Youngs Saaz 3.00 2.3 30 10
Youngs Saaz 3.00 0.0 36 0

Irish moss added at boil -45 mins

Yeast Saflager S-23

Mash 60mins @ 67degrees
Boil 60mins

I hit target SG of 1045 for the first time and the wort tasted sweet with the higher mash temp and Chinook comes through quite strongly. I've started this at 20 degress and without a controlled fermenting system yet will put it in the garage unheated until the end of December.

I'm having another go tomorrow possibly Connie Bluebird with added Chinook again.

You're rattling the brews out :clap: this one looks a nice recipe :cool:

I'll be joining you tomorrow for a brewday using the 100L boiler for the first time :D I'll post mine in a bit

Glad to hear todays brew went well kf :cool:
I bought a Bluebird and drank it tonight thinking about a challenger brew...it was o.k, but not really that special to me...shame, I have 2.5 kg of challenger to use :hmm:

This bluebird recipe was the first I did so I'm revisiting to compare results as I'm used to the the setup and technique. My 2k of Chinook came with some kit and is a bit of a problem to use. How did you come by the Challenger?

Have a good one - love to do a lager if I get temperature control sorted out.
it's raining here too :roll:

Chinook is a high alpha hop . . . a little goes a very long way :lol: . . . although it's lower than my Pacific Gem at 18.3% :shock: . . . . I've been trying to get rid of those for ages . . . . never buy a Kilo of High alpha hops :hmm:

Ian said:
Have a good one - love to do a lager if I get temperature control sorted out.
it's raining here too :roll:

Know what you mean I could have waited to get a fermenting arrangement sorted but decided to see what Ma Nature would do in the cool months. Faint heart and all that :pray:

Aleman said:
Chinook is a high alpha hop . . . a little goes a very long way :lol: . . . although it's lower than my Pacific Gem at 18.3% :shock: . . . . I've been trying to get rid of those for ages . . . . never buy a Kilo of High alpha hops :hmm:

Only 1.9K to go then A :lol:

Very well W, how's yours :?: I ended up with 22l at 1037 but would think about the 90 min boil time if I do it again.

Very well, W, how did yours go :?: I ended up with 22l @ 1037. I'll think about the 90 min boil if I do it again :idea:

Latest posts

Back