turbo quantities

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the candyman

Reaction score
can anyone help me with my first turbo cider? i have citric acid,tannin and pectolase. i just don't know how much and when to add i am using a dj will 6 ltrs fill it? thanks if you can help

doing so will bring it to about 10%. that means at least 12 weeks of ageing, probably more...

go simple on your first time dude. nothing better than sipping your first TC :cheers:

Also, I believe hitting over 8.5% (or thereabouts) makes it into a wine so it would no longer be classed as TC.

To be honest I wouldn't use honey for a cider anyway, even if dropping the sugar. I imagine it would add too much body and make it less clean tasting etc. Obviously that's a benefit with certain beers etc, but I can't see it helping with cider character.

Malic acid would also be better than citric as this is the acid found in cider apples and what is also needed for cider to undergo malolactic fermentation which produces the characteristic flavour of a decent west country cider.

To get the best out of your cider you need to let it mature for 3-6 months in bulk to allow malolactic fermentation to take place. :thumb:

well it's done now. will just have to wait and see. i'll still drink it!!!! thanks for all the help guys.

Latest posts

Back