TUBBYSHAW HELP ME PLEASE

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corby_brewer

Landlord.
Reaction score
Ive recently been given my first corny, and after just opening it up ive found it needs a good clean, now im sure ive read on here somewhere that Mr Shaw uses OXYPLUS to clean them out but i cant remember the post that its on. If its correct how much do you use?

Cheers
Dave

I rinse out the keg with cold water, then chuck in three scoops of Oxiplus or other fragrance free percarbonate based laundry stain remover, fill with hot tap water until the foam is beginning to reach the top of the keg then put the lid in place :thumb:
Give it a shake and if you have a good O ring the oxygen produced will seal the keg :grin:
Depress the poppets on the inlet and outlet posts to get the cleaning solution into the dip tubes, keep your face out of the way :lol:
Leave it for 15 minutes, connect your tap to out post and use the pressure that has built up in the keg to empty it, this will clean your beer line and tap too :party:
Put the kettle on to boil.
Take the lid off of the keg and rinse with cold water. Pour the kettle of boiling water into the keg and fit the lid, shake the keg and the steam generated will seal the keg.
Fit the tap again and use the boiled water in the keg to rinse through the dip tube, beer line and tap :thumb:
Then sanitise it in your favourite way :thumb:

Latest posts

Back