Towcester and Northants Brewclub

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rimski

Reaction score
Next Meeting - THURSDAY 18TH NOVEMBER - TASTE AND SWAP NIGHT

More details in my latest post

Hi

I haven't posted on this forum before but have found it very useful so far.

I would like to start a new Brewing Club in the Towcester and Northants area and I am gauging interest to see if it would be worth starting.

The 1st meeting would probably be either Tuesday 27th or Wednesday 28th July at The George Pub in Tiffield and start at around 19:30.

I am lead to believe that there used to be a club in this area some time ago so hopefully we could resurect something again.

Cheers Neil

Sounds like an excellent idea, but unfortunately you are a little too far for me.
Have you looked on the Forum map to see how many members may be in your catchement area?

Good idea it looks like only a couple of people in area and they aren't all that active on forum.

The club will start on Wednesday 28th even with just a couple of us (Me and mate Steve at least lol) hopefully overtime it will grow a couple of people who frequent the George already homebrew and have expressed interest in a club.

An excuse to go downt pub is always handy

Probably be a monthly thing but with things like brewery visits and the odd tasting session thrown in for good measure maybe

Just got back from The George and had a chat with the landlord.
He said he is more than happy to have the club meet there, he is also interested in the brewing of beer so may even join even if it's just to learn "how".
Every other Wednesday they have an open mic night and every Wednesday is Curry night, this Wednesday is not an open mic night so it will be quiet enough to hold a meet up.

8pm Wednesday it is then, hopefully we might see a couple of people there

Good luck with the brew club. The London Amatuer Brewers meet on a similar basis as you are planning so if you are looking for ideas for you meetings then you should look them up.

I also run a monthly midweek meeting in Edinburgh so if you are interested in what we get up to for some ideas then give me a shout. :thumb:

Guys

Steve's on holiday this week, I am away for 2 weeks after this week but if anyone fancies a pint on Wednesday again Same Place Same time.

Everyone welcome

wed the 11th ..will try to be there,
might bring the bike out .... :thumb:

DSCF5822.jpg

Hi Guys

Back from holiday and back at work, just wondered if anyone fancied getting together again on Wednesday 8th September for a chat and a couple of beers at the George in Tiffield

I have also joined the CBA and asked for a pack with details and ideas for clubs

Cheers Neil

Hi All

Hope to see you guys there I will bring a couple of bottles of a brew for you guys to take away and have a taste hopefully it's as good as I think it is so will be good to get a less biased opinion lol

Neil

Looks like the Northants club is going to continue with new member joining us for beers last night.

We are going to make this a monthly meet and Wednesday appears to be favourite just need to post some dates for the coming months.

Also Russell (Landlord) at The George has said we can use the back room for tasting events, etc free of charge which is good for both of us. We will probably do something late October/early November which will also probably be on a weekend rather than a weekend but we can sort that out in October.

Neil

yep its looking good neil.... :party:

will look forward to the next one, let me know if you have another brew underway soon , ;)

as im looking into doing a bit of real brewing with my bro in law...... :cheers:

Latest posts

Back