Throwing caution to the wind with....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just racked the beers into a clean demijohn to get rid of as much gunk as possible...going to cold crash for 3 days before bottling. FG is about 1.012. Had a bit of trouble with the Syphon so had definitely added some oxygen - especially with the blackberry beer as the bits clogged my tube, had to blow it back to clear! Thinking now, I should have put the fruit into muslin bags, this reducing the amount of floating gunk. Mango one has a faint mango taste, the blackberry one is quite sharp. Will update once bottled.

Have you resisted from tasting a bottle of yours so far?

Attachments

• IMG_20210825_195936898.jpg
    IMG_20210825_195936898.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 36
I've just racked the beers into a clean demijohn to get rid of as much gunk as possible...going to cold crash for 3 days before bottling. FG is about 1.012. Had a bit of trouble with the Syphon so had definitely added some oxygen - especially with the blackberry beer as the bits clogged my tube, had to blow it back to clear! Thinking now, I should have put the fruit into muslin bags, this reducing the amount of floating gunk. Mango one has a faint mango taste, the blackberry one is quite sharp. Will update once bottled.

hi there.

great work!

i tried a 300ml bottle before travelling. It did have an essence of mango but it was too sweet and not really lively. im hoping another 9plus days to BH Mon when i return will have improved it. Im gonna do another citra smash this time with mango as a further experiment now my all in one is up and running.

hi there.

great work!

i tried a 300ml bottle before travelling. It did have an essence of mango but it was too sweet and not really lively. im hoping another 9plus days to BH Mon when i return will have improved it. Im gonna do another citra smash this time with mango as a further experiment now my all in one is up and running.
Hope it tastes good, and your next experiment is successful.

I bottled mine this evening. After cold crashing there wasn't much taste to the mango, tho the blackberry had a bit of bite. Will give these 2-3 weeks to condition before seeing how they are. You can see from the pic that the mango is still cloudy, hopefully that will clear. As I had half a bottle from each left after bottling I combined them to make a mango/blackberry ale!! 😂🍻

Attachments

• IMG_20210830_201517957.jpg
    IMG_20210830_201517957.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 37

Its been a while!

I tried some early on. Not the best but having left them a couple of months I tried one last night and it was rather nice. A bit "watery" in terms of citra punch but on the whole im pleased with the result. I bottled the batch as I didn't have all the gear to keg at the time. Suitably inspired im off to get some Amorillo to brew fri or sat...an APA.

Latest posts

Back