the wife!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the candyman

Reaction score
had an op on my elbow! so i am out of action for a while. so i have sent the wife to the hop shop to get me a coopers irish stout and some dark spaymalt! we will see what she comes back with!any recomendations of anything else i could add? thanks in advance.

calumscott said:
Tin of black treacle for priming the bottles when it's done! :drink:

I like the sound of that, never thought of it. I'll have to factor that one in for my christmas stout. How much do you use?I'd be brewing 5 gallons.

I did mine according to someone else's recommendation.

The tin + all medium spraymalt for the brew then batch primed with about 115g treacle for bottling.

It's really rather tasty...

calumscott said:
I did mine according to someone else's recommendation.

The tin + all medium spraymalt for the brew then batch primed with about 115g treacle for bottling.

It's really rather tasty...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumb:

;)

My coopers irish stout has been fermenting for 6 days now, made with dark spraymalt and demerara sugar with dark treacle waiting for priming.

Still gurgling away every now and then in the airlock, cant wait! :party: :drink:

I remember when I sent mine out for a bottle of high juice from Tescos (instructions= no less than 50 g of sugar per 100ml) and she came back with a sugar free bottle. DO IT YOURSELF!

There Used to be a bloke at Crewe Railway Works called "Pork Pie Raymond" the reason for this moniker was that he used to go to the shop for people that worked there.

One day he was asked by a bloke, to go to the shop get 20 Embassy, with the instruction "if they don't have any embassy anything will do" Raymond found they had run out of Embassy so returned with a "Pork Pie" Instead, Hence a legend was born.

Therefore be careful what you send people out for, I tend to go myself... :D

UP

Latest posts

Back