The Jamil Show - podcasts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markp

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just heads up for anyone who doesn't know about these.

tbn - The Brewing Network, has 50 podcasts available of the Jamil Show.
Covering a mutitude of topics; I downloaded the Ordinary Bitter and English IPA shows to listen to on my way to and from Ilkley at the weekend.

I found them very enjoyable and they gave a great overview of the style, ingredients and recipes.
They are a bit 'Amerikaan', but that's only to be expected I suppose.....and is not a critisism at all.

Looking forward to listening to a few more I downloaded last night.

For those of you unfamilar with podcasts, they are media files that you download through a piece of software called 'itunes'....you then listen to them using an 'ipod' music device.
Have no fear though; if you do not own an ipod you can still download the itunes software (for free) and listen to the shows on your 'puter :thumb:

Still unsure? :wha: Ask the kids or grandkids :lol:

If you go to the itunes store; do a search for 'The Jamil Show' and they will all pop up in a list for you click and download.
They are free as well.

Hope you enjoy them.

I've not got the Jamil Show, But I have got Basic Brewing Radio Which has a lot of good stuff . . . going to be needing a bigger device to store them on now though :( . . . I've also subscribed to the Jamil Show :)

Incidentally you don't have to use iTunes I use a piece of free software called Doppler, which is much nicer to use than iTunes :twisted:

Cheers Mark, not seen The Jamil show before :thumb:

I watch the Basic brewing videos in work at night and was getting low on media. I download with banshee.

The Sunday shows are very good and a great laugh. They mix beer and general chat and have a great laugh. Once you know the characters it's great. Lasts about 3-4 hours but can be listened over a week to and from work on the MP3.

The Jamil show is a more serious show and lasts 1/2 to 1hr and goes into more detail.

I phoned in twice to the live Sunday Show just over two years ago for DOTW (Drunk Of The Week), didn't win but they sent me Brewing Network T-Shirt and Jamil sent me a Mr Malty T-Shirt. Great laugh. :cheers:

Back