THBF Photography Thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took these yesterday in Bosham. I thought the thread was dying a death but as it's still going, I might as well post them up. The composition of the first is all to cock, the subject of the photo was the red boat but I'd forgotten about depth of field until I got home at which time it was to late.

Anyway photos...

I was hoping to paint a picture of a blustery cold day. In my opinion the pictures work well. I'd love some opinions of others.

James

The last one would be nice if cropped to the shadow line, too much dark water in the foreground, maybe bump up the contest on the sky, will make a nice image

Haven't made it out to photograph Autumn this year sadly, but here's one from last year or maybe the year before that...

DSC_3874%20copy.jpg

without meaning to offend...... :?

The main critisism I have is the horizon. It cuts your image into two Its the worst place to put it....Above or below is better to emphasize one half over the other.
where do you want the viewer to look, in the bottom image there is just featureless sea...crop it out and put the emphasise on the buildings....

piddledribble said:
without meaning to offend...... :?

The main critisism I have is the horizon. It cuts your image into two Its the worst place to put it....Above or below is better to emphasize one half over the other.
where do you want the viewer to look, in the bottom image there is just featureless sea...crop it out and put the emphasise on the buildings....

Thanks for that, it's something I hadn't thought of. Especially the picture of the shadowed sea picture.

James

A very frosty morning last year.
Unfortunately that little tree is no more, hit by lightening the same winter

I agree, but remember that the "rules" of photography are there to help guide you. Breaking them can give good results too. With watery horizons, flat calms and strong reflections can produce almost abstract effects if you do a 50:50 split:

DSC_4259_lvl_crv%20copy.JPG

Thank you. I also agree with Calum sometimes a 50 - 50 split can work well

Taking on board what you guys have posted, I cropped the image. I think it looks much better like this (the colour could do with some work):

James

Latest posts

Back