THBF 2011 Summer meet up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesb

Landlord.
Reaction score
muddydisco said:
It's why we are all here isn't it, to meet up and have fun, Some poeple are worried who they may meet but really were all the same, all here for the same goals making dam good beer! Really I wish I could meet everyone on here.

We need another Stockport meet.

Although V1 was trying his hardest to get me to go to Skipton in September.

We need a Midlands Meet up, so both north and south can make it. Even I'll Have a go at organising something if needs be. Wether it be a camping outddors meetup in a field or a full on bash at a club that can hold 300 people. :cheers:

muddydisco said:
We need a Midlands Meet up, so both north and south can make it. Even I'll Have a go at organising something if needs be. Wether it be a camping outddors meetup in a field or a full on bash at a club that can hold 300 people. :cheers:
Billinge Aquadrome is a huge campsite that we would tuck into a private corner of . . . I must admit that I do this each year with Mates from the UK Homebrew Forum (No I am not organising this one, the UK Homebrew Flocculation is bad enough!) . . . We basically meet on the firday night, and set the bar up (with appropriate QA checks) brew on the Saturday (2500L planned for this year), Drink and BBQ on the saturday and clear up on the sunday. It is one of the biggest laughs I have all year (I don't get out much) and wouldn't miss it unless the house was burning down. . . . Get one organised someone. . . . Now!

muddydisco said:

:clap: I`m so up for that - being further south than most the midlands sounds ideal :thumb:

Ok I will take on the Task See my open brewday thread for how and why this has come about,

Too late for this year But I will organise Next summers THBF Billing Aquadrome Meet up!!
Yes Aleman it has no "e" at the end, Before Moley get's in! :lol:

Aleman Can you Pm me some info on what you do there, activity and etc. do you have Marquee's etc? Just give Me a real heads up as to what I have let myself in for Please :pray:

I do want any sensible comments or suggestions please......

New topic Started So lets carry on in there :thumb: :whistle: Which is now in here as it's been moved oout of my brewday thread and into this fine one :thumb:

Calm down dear . . . it's just a drinking weekend :lol:

Organisational matters are being discussed . . . so lets just keep things general for the moment

Such events usually need quite a bit of notice to get a good turn out. Do you think it'll be before the skipton comp? (18th sept)

its a small world... i live near to billing,and i help organise,our american car show there 3 weekends a year, and i have a monster bbq built for it...

heres a link to some pics,from our club forum... :thumb:

http://www.amvo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=14174

i can get the dates for next year soon, so will keep ya posted,there is a great camping field that we have to ourselves,where we have our bbq, and the weekends are a great bash ,
we have a couple of bands in a free marquee at nite,lots of traders,and we donate part of the proceededs to H4H and make a wish.... :party:

we have our last show this year, on the weekend of august 20th.... ;)

robsan77 said:
Such events usually need quite a bit of notice to get a good turn out. Do you think it'll be before the skipton comp? (18th sept)

Think you need to read the title Slowly Rob! :lol:

muddydisco said:
New topic Started So lets carry on in there :thumb: :whistle:

Could you post the link my eyes seem not to be able to find it :wha:

Your In it Rimski :lol: Theposts from my brewday thread have been moved into the begining of this one, So this is the actual thread now.

Latest posts

Back