Tesco apple juice 85p for 4 litres

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnlyFerment

Reaction score
I was in Tesco today and saw Tesco apple juice pure from concentrate at 85p for a 4×1 Litre multipack. Sugar content is 11.1 g / 100ml. I came out with 48 litres of juice plus so e honey and molasses sugar for a couple of batches of TC.

Hope this helps someone.

Dave

That's ridiculously cheap!
Sadly I have no spare fermenters and Tesco&back would cost me 6 quid in petrol

OnlyFerment said:
I was in Tesco today and saw Tesco apple juice pure from concentrate at 85p for a 4×1 Litre multipack. Sugar content is 11.1 g / 100ml. I came out with 48 litres of juice plus so e honey and molasses sugar for a couple of batches of TC.

Hope this helps someone.

Dave

Thanks Dave nice find.

I just popped out and got 28 litres.

Just out of interest, how did you find out about it? In my local Tesco it is priced at £1.70 for 4... or 3 for £2.50 and it is only when you pay that it calculates at 85p

Matt

MattN said:
OnlyFerment said:

Hope this helps someone.

Dave

Thanks Dave nice find.

I just popped out and got 28 litres.

Just out of interest, how did you find out about it? In my local Tesco it is priced at £1.70 for 4... or 3 for £2.50 and it is only when you pay that it calculates at 85p

Matt

I popped in to get some lunch on the way to work and walked past the juice aisle and saw it labeled up at 4 pack 85p 'customer favourite' or something similar. I was disbelieving myself at that price so took one pack and put it through the self checkout to confirm the price - put my lunch in the truck and then went back armed with a trolley :D I may have to go back and get a bit more while it is that cheap. By my calculations that makes my 'strong premium' cider 23p a pint and a basic TC comes in at 17p :thumb:

Dave

I went through the till with 1 pack at first as well (just to check) and then went back for the rest. For some reason I only really drink cider in the summer months, so this little lot will probably do the trick! For under £6.00. :shock:

Cheers

Matt

Darn it - checked my tezzies out today and noted the 3 for £2.50 but the floor walker didn't know about any special deals. Also didn't see any 4 packs on the shelf at all. I'll try another branch tomorrow.

I read this post about 45 mins ago and shot straight over to my local Tesco. There wasn't any on the shelf so asked one of staff and he came back with a pallet load so I grabbed as many as I could fit in my little trolley lol. They don't have them online. It's an in-store offer.

Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely be stocking up on these.

This picture is the closest that I can see on the web. It has red apples on it in place of the elderflowers. I must stress that in my local Tesco there isn't any mention of this specific offer.

Asda have Princes 100% Pure Apple & Raspberry Juice from Concentrate on rollback at 80p per litre.

5000232872135_500000_IDShot_3.jpeg

Just checked another branch of Tezzies, same result. Nobody in the store has heard of this deal. I discussed it at length with the supervisor, he thinks this might be a local deal which can be either quite local or fairly widespread. Still no use to me in Scotland tho.

I found 1.5l pineapple for 65p in Asda a few weeks back. It might still be that price.

Edit*
Certain areas have tescos with world food isles. You can find juice in these for around 65-80p, crazy flavors like Lyche and Guava, I would be interested to make a wine with these.

One last point, I have the found the 1.5l Asda juices-unlike most other from concentrate juices- have been pasteurized but do not contain Potassium sorbate so that can be a plus when getting your batches to ferment out properly.

MattN said:
LeithR said:
Just checked another branch of Tezzies, same result. Nobody in the store has heard of this deal. I discussed it at length with the supervisor, he thinks this might be a local deal which can be either quite local or fairly widespread. Still no use to me in Scotland tho.

I just noticed this

http://www.smsmasters.co.uk/forum/threa ... re.492162/

Interesting thread as that is saying the value juice is showing at 16p per litre at the tills - I haven't seen this advertised at my Tesco.

Seems some stores are not marking it as discounted but are discounting at the till - mine is actively plugging it at 85p and 'customer favourite'. Very strange marketing policy.

Picked up another 48 litres today.

I also saw that they are also doing 4l of orange juice for 85p so could be useful for anyone wanting to make some WOW for very little.

Dave

I bought some 'value' at the same branch the night before I saw this thread. I was charged 65p each. I'm glad I only bought two!

The old Tesco adage of 'Pile them high, sell them cheap', seems to have returned in this case, as the cider junkies move in on mass to clear the shelves in bulk!

tonyhibbett said:
The old Tesco adage of 'Pile them high, sell them cheap', seems to have returned in this case, as the cider junkies move in on mass to clear the shelves in bulk!

Yep i grabbed 75 litres of the stuff while its cheap lol

After planning some TC this weekend and spotting this thread, popped in to Tesco on me way home from work. 20 litres of juice bought!! 10 gallons of TC for £8.50?? Errr yeah, cheers! Although there was nowt indicating it was on offer just looked like a normal price sticker to me. Just hope its still the same price when i go back in a few weeks... :drunk:

Latest posts

Back