Suitable Fridge for King Keg Top Tap

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazguzzler

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone

Been a member for a few months now but this is my first time post.

This has probably been done to death in the past but I'm going to throw it out there anyway.

I have recently started home brewing again after a break of many many years and have dug out my old King Keg Top Tap to store my precious brew. Luckily I have never experienced any gas leakage issues with this and so represents a suitable time saving method of storage for me. However... keeping the beer cool is still a problem. I have identified a space in my house which could accommodate an under counter size larder fridge but am nervous about which to get. My worry is whether the KKTT will fit. Seems to me that the vast majority of modern fridges have the section at the base behind what would be the salad drawer which houses the compressor and other gubbins. Clearly the fridge won't be deep enough for the keg to sit right on the floor where the salad tray would be. Does anyone know if there would be enough headroom for the keg to sit on the glass tray above this level, bearing in mind I have an S30 valve connected as well? I can't find any suppliers who provide accurate internal dimensions for their fridges, online. Unfortunately I have neither the space nor the budget to get a tall larder fridge which would solve the problem.

Any help would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks

Hi, Mr Guzzler and welcome to the forum, It depends on the height of the KKTT with said valve but I have 3 brewfridges(undercounter) and I built a shelf on them all where the salad crisper would have been and I get a 30L FV in all of them and a 2 piece airlock, not enough room for the 'S' type airlock don't know if this helps? You could always send the height of the KKTT with valve and width to me and I will check the internal height and width of my fridges for you.

Hi Banbeer, thanks for getting back to me.

To give enough room to be able use the injector bulb holder without the need to remove the KKTT from the fridge, I need approx 58cm height. Without the holder it's more like 50/51cm.

Cheers

I have a free standing (no ice box) Bosch fridge that has the lump at the back for the motor etc. I built a shelf level with the top of the lump and my KKs fit nicely. I don't use the HB valve anymore but did and fits no problem. Here's a pic of mine in the fridge I put in yesterday.
IMG_20200611_161306601.jpg

2 of my fridges from top of the shelf where the fermenter sits to the top of the inside is around 52cm one is 47cm so unfortunately you will need to measure inside first to be 100% sure.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. I think now that shops will be open again next week I'll just have to go and measure up in Currys or the like to be absolutely sure.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. I think now that shops will be open again next week I'll just have to go and measure up in Currys or the like to be absolutely sure.
No probs GG, I hope you find something that suits. I bought from Curry's a couple of weeks ago online but I bought a tall larder fridge for my kegerator.

Back