storing your beer..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all
I've just bottled my cerveza and moved the carbed stout out of the kitchen cupboard and replaced with the cerveza. The stout has been stashed in my shed.
I have put the bottles in a crate and covered with black plastic to keep dark,the windows are blacked out too. Is it strictly necessary to keep brown bottles in the dark?

Cheers

Clint

Brown bottles are pretty effective at filtering out the wavelengths of light that will cause beer to skunk. However, I still keep my brown bottles in the dark anyway as I have the means to do it.

Note also that skunking is far more likely to be an issue in hoppier beers, as it's chemicals within the hops that are affected by the light.

Hope you enjoyed the BBQ. :thumb:

With regard to keeping the beer stored in a shed I would advise putting them down as low as possible and covering them with something like an old duvet or sleeping bag to keep the temperature as constant as possible.

I store my beer in the garage because the temperature in the shed varies wildly on a day-to-night basis and also between just under the roof and down on the floor; and obviously, the floor has the smallest temperature fluctuations. :thumb:

...the morning after😨..too many dry bird eye chillies. .it wasn't a conventional dopiaza.
Regarding temp there is a distinct zone in the shed..the beer on the floor is cool but it's warm in the head space if that makes sense.. waiting for the garage to be free of guinea pigs then I shall have a damn good sort out and move into there...

Cheers

Clint

i like to store beer in my stomach - it keeps it an optimal temperature, fortunatly no glass is ever broken , only the seal when my piston lets the excess pressure/volume out

........ waiting for the garage to be free of guinea pigs ............

Guinea pigs are notoriously greasy but they taste delicious!

Paunched, skinned, marinaded in red wine overnight and then gently boiled in the marinade juices for an hour gives a lovely tender meat though. :thumb: :thumb:

I remember the first time I pointed out to my daughters that guinea pigs were domesticated for food. They just gave me that teenager look...:whistle:

i like to store beer in my stomach
What's the secret?
Sounds ideal to me, but just doesn't seem to work. The beer hardly gets into my stomach before the damned stuff gets distinctly unhappy. Tells me it's needing out again. Fortunately, not the way it went in...... :whistle:
I guess I shouldn't complain - they say exercise is good for you, and answering the call of the bladder certainly keeps me on my feet :-(
Ah, but to stay in bed & store the beer overnight would be wonderful. Can it be done??? :-?

What's the secret?
Sounds ideal to me, but just doesn't seem to work. The beer hardly gets into my stomach before the damned stuff gets distinctly unhappy. Tells me it's needing out again. Fortunately, not the way it went in...... :whistle:
I guess I shouldn't complain - they say exercise is good for you, and answering the call of the bladder certainly keeps me on my feet :-(
Ah, but to stay in bed & store the beer overnight would be wonderful. Can it be done??? :-?

mmmmm ill have to give it ago at the weekend me thinks hehe

Latest posts

Back