St Peters Ruby Red Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumpton

Regular.
Reaction score
Ok 14 days after bottling and the St Peters Ruby red Ale has been opened for a taste.

all I can Say is WOW!!!!!!

by far my best brew.

amazing results, I am going to post a Photo of one in half hour or so.

Totally recommend this kit

Does it taste like the bottled version, I tried one a couple of weeks back and thought it had a bit of a burnt toast flavour, the bottle was a few months past its date though

I totally get what you mean by the burnt toast thought, the kit is very very good though

I really enjoyed and will definitely buy this kit again

I also tried a St Peter's Ruby Red Ale tonight after two weeks in the bottle (I had a couple of their empty bottles as well - so it looked just the part!)

It was a very good pint, I ended up drinking three :cheers:

Definately one to do again!

plumpton said:
Ok 14 days after bottling and the St Peters Ruby red Ale has been opened for a taste.

all I can Say is WOW!!!!!!

by far my best brew.

amazing results, I am going to post a Photo of one in half hour or so.

Totally recommend this kit

Hi,...I'm Louis from Harrogate.

I was introduced to Home brewing by a work colleague who has won minor competitions near where we live, and i was totally hooked.

I bought my first batch of Woodfords Admirals Reserve which went fine, fermenting for 9 days and then bottled.

I then decided to get another "St Peters - Ruby Red".....well i prepared it the same, but its' been totally different and need advice.

The New fermenter i bought has the 25 litre mark very near the top, i think i pushed the Bubbler air lock to far through the grommet hole and the yeast crust enveloped the hole, thust the CO2 could leave the fermenter as easy, and the lip was bowed it was that full of CO2. So anyway after pulling air lock up wow it bubbled like great guns, but after 48hrs it’s stopped.

I then tried to rouse the brew in the fermenter...nothing, so lifted top off, use sterilised spoon stirred the brew and popped top back on....well it started bubbling again and i thought all would be well.

However, i have since returned from weekend away to find yet again brew not bubbling............I've taken Hydrometer reading and it’s still 10.20.......unsafe to bottle....can please anyone give me some advice, my friend in now ill in bed and i keep annoying him worrying about my Beer...

Yours Hoping........Louis Cowdroy

hi Louis , what sort of temp are you fermenting at? on the box it says once the gravity gets to around 1.012 then its time to bottle and your still a wee bit higher than that obviously. usually giving it a wee stir would do the trick but you didnt seem to have much joy.

abeyptfc said:
hi Louis , what sort of temp are you fermenting at? on the box it says once the gravity gets to around 1.012 then its time to bottle and your still a wee bit higher than that obviously. usually giving it a wee stir would do the trick but you didnt seem to have much joy.

Yeah ive stirred it again tonight....will see what gravity it drops to by Sat, what do you think?

Louis

abeyptfc said:

Just normal room temp....didnt think in Aug it would need a warming band or heater......its sat on a towl and has 2 towls wrapped round it too.....

sounds a cracker, i looked at this, but got the golden ale one instead. started it yesterday,will let you know what it's like.

Back