St Peters - New Ruby Red Ale.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louiscassius

Reaction score
Hi,...I'm Louis from Harrogate.

I waqs introduced to Homebrewing by a work colleague who has won minor competitions near where we live, and i was totally hooked.

I bought my first batch of Woodfordes Admirals Reserve which went fine, fermenting for 9 days and then bottled.

I then decided to get another "St Peters - Ruby Red".....well i prepared it the same, but its' been totally different and need advice.

The New fermenter i bought has the 25 litre mark very near the top, i think i pushed the Bubbler air lock to far through the gromet hole and the yeast crust enveloped the hole, thust the CO2 could leave the fermenter as easy, and the lip was bow'd it was that full of CO2. So anyway after pulling air lock up wow it bubbled like great guns, but after 48hrs its stopped.

I then tried to rouse the brew in the fermenter...nothing, so lifted top off, use sterillised spoon stirred the brew and popped top back on....well it started bubbling again and i thought all would be well.

However, i have sinced returned from weekend away to find yet again brew not bubbling............I've taken Hydrometre reading and its still 10.20.......unsafe to bottle....can please anyone give me some advice, my friend in now ill in bed and i keep annoying him worrying about my Beer...

Yours Hoping........Louis Cowdroy

Dunfie said:
Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

There is a good "How To" called What to do with a 'stuck' fermentation that will give you some ideas. Hope it goes well.

Thanks buddy....just a bit worried.......i did everything it said to do....the Woodfordes went well........just to reading at 10.20.......cant bottle yet.....think it'll be ok to leave another week??

Louis

Dunfie said:
Thanks mate, is there any point in me checking it every night when i come home??Louis

Patience is a brewers best friend but it won't be a problem to keep an eye on things. To put it another way, if it hasn't started to move in a couple of days then there is very little chance of it having done anything in a week.

Back