St Peters Cream Stout .. finishing fermentation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaz_h

Reaction score
Hi Everybody, is started my second Cream Stout kit after the first one was my biggest success to date.

Brew went on 08th Sept. The instructions say to leave for 6 days and the gravity remains below 1014.

I have checked today(15th), so 7 days and the gravity is only 1020. I didn't take a SG, so not how much it's fell by.

Question is do I leave it for longer before I keg it

Also any tips on kegging as it'll be my first time as usually use bottles

Thanks
Gaz

We usually say allow 2 weeks for fermentation, 2 weeks for carbonation and a further 2 weeks to condition.

It can be done in less time with correct temperature control etc, but a lot of kit instructions are telling you how fast it can be done in ideal conditions, not how long it really takes in a bucket in the shed/garage/kitchen.

We usually say allow 2 weeks for fermentation, 2 weeks for carbonation and a further 2 weeks to condition.

It can be done in less time with correct temperature control etc, but a lot of kit instructions are telling you how fast it can be done in ideal conditions, not how long it really takes in a bucket in the shed/garage/kitchen.
Thanks.... temp is a constant 20.

Back