returned brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knowle

Reaction score
hi , just got back into brewing after a break of about 20yrs. forgot how much fun it was!!!
is any body else having trouble doing anything but watching it bubble away.got 40pts of milestone ipa going on thurs night and i cant keep away.

thanks for the welcome.
hope this one turns out alright , remember homebrew always tasting a bit chemically.
will wait and see . dont think i had enough patience in my younger days probably drank straight from the fermenting bin.

knowle said:
thanks for the welcome.
hope this one turns out alright , remember homebrew always tasting a bit chemically.
will wait and see . dont think i had enough patience in my younger days probably drank straight from the fermenting bin.

I returned earlier this year and like you had bad memories of kits and what taste came out the other end.

I have only done two can kits (Woodfordes Wherry and a Muntons Smugglers Gold dry hopped with Goldings) and I have been amazed by how much these kits have moved on. I am just doing a second Smugglers with different yeast (S04) and dryu hopping again to see whether I can improve it even more. Also tried my first extract brew using the howto here and the Stout is lovely.

I think you will be surprised by what you can brew up now with relative ease

Latest posts

Back