Red grape

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Landlord.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was intending to put 3 DJ's of easy white on (apple juice and white grape juice) today but Mrs Tea got red grape juice not white, i have made it to the usual Wow recipe and its turned out quite a deep shade of red, it will be interesting to see how this tastes.
Has anyone here made this?

I make this as my favourite Rose - made dry I love it. I've also made it as a prosecco as advised somewhere else on this site and that also comes out great.

If you like rose I am sure you'll prefer it to the White apple WOW - enjoy :cheers:

Do you just drink it as it is, I was going to make an easy white then flavour it after stabilising with ribena, if this is nice tasting as it is I will be very happy.
If the answer is yes what does it taste of?

I'm currently drinking a RGJ and an apple juice. Only thing I've drank that tastes kinda the same is a blossom hill rosè. I do it till its dry/finished fermenting.

Thanks, we like a rose type wine, can I ask how many litres of each did you use in the DJ?

3L AJ 1L RGJ, roughly 0.5L water/sugar plus the two cuppa tannin brew topped up to 5L after initial rush/foam had died down.

BrewWoo said:
3L AJ 1L RGJ, roughly 0.5L water/sugar plus the two cuppa tannin brew topped up to 5L after initial rush/foam had died down.

I usually only use a litre of each if they are 100% juice, i imagine that was very strong tasting.

One of my favourites is a Red Grape and Pomegranate.

Both these combinations work very well indeed.

2 Litres Red Grape and 1 litre Pomegranate

2 Litres Pomegranate and 1 Litre Red Grape.

i can't find WGJ anywhere around me and i've tried Tesco, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, M&S, Asda and Coop plus local shops and nothing :evil: :evil:

So i grabbed some RGJ and just put some in a DJ 1ltr RGJ, 2ltr AJ 400g Sugar, mug strong tea, yeast and nutrient.

See how that turns out lol :thumb:

:cheers: :cheers:

Robbo said:
One of my favourites is a Red Grape and Pomegranate.

Both these combinations work very well indeed.

2 Litres Red Grape and 1 litre Pomegranate

2 Litres Pomegranate and 1 Litre Red Grape.

should've done it this way in the first place :)

Where do you get your Pomegranate juice?

Latest posts

Back